Rowdy's Fun Time Play Zone!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Okay, haven't actually blogged in a while

I don't want to delete the post below, but I don't want it on top anymore.

Okay, so the Happy Dagger CD release party was last Tuesday, that was freaking sweet. Those guys are awsome. The CD rocks, if you don't have one I recomend finding one and purchasing it. I think the best way to experience Happy Dagger though is to see them in concert. They play with so much more energy and feeling. They also go off on crazy riffs that they make up on the spot. It's amazing to watch and listen to. The Dinkytown Theater is freaking sweet. That was a nice venue to play in. Those were the best sounding drums I've ever heard. The sound system is really good there and the sound guy must know how to do his job. They also have beds. That was fun and comfortable.

This last weekend was the scrapbooking weekend retreat deal. That was pretty fun. Munky had two books from a long time ago that she wanted to redo so we worked furiously on those for the whole weekend. The power went out during the huge storm. It was out for six hours, so that sucked. We couldn't work because it was too dark inside. Luckily there were skylights in an upstairs room so we moved all our shit up there. That was a pain in the ass, but we got some more pages done. The house was really nice. It had a very interesting layout and neat rooms in it. There was this one lady who was really annoying and creapy though. And her daughter was a total rich-bitch. Other than those two everyone was fun.

I also have some bad news. My mom has another tumor. This one is wrapped around her spine at her neck and is not removable. She's doing radiation right now to shrink the tumor and she's on steroids to help with the pain the tumor causes. The steroids make her feel really powerful and sharp minded, and she's going nuts with planning her life out and making things happen. It's kind of funny. She has a good attitude toward everything and is just going to keep living everyday the way she wants to. She is not terminal yet, but there's nothing anyone can do about this tumor and it will become terminal eventually. We just don't know when. I'm going to miss her. She sends out mass emails to update friends and family, if anyone would like to be on it let me know.

Well that's the last few weeks for me.

4 Comments:

  • Wow. I'm sorry about your mom. Keep me posted. Your mom is great.

    I was just coming on here to tell you that we're playing baseball tomorrow afternoon.

    Seriously, good luck Diana.

    By Blogger Max, at July 26, 2005 7:12 PM  

  • I'll have her put your email on the list. Now when you say afternoon, you mean before 6:00 don't you? Because I have to work unitl 6:00, then I'm going to do laundry and visit my parents right after work. Who all's playin man?

    By Blogger rowdy, at July 27, 2005 9:06 AM  

  • I can't believe another formed. Sorry to hear that. Your Mom is a fighter though and she'll for sure give it a run for it's money.

    I'll be praying for her.


    P.S. Put me on the email list(work email).

    By Blogger The King, at July 27, 2005 2:23 PM  

  • done and done.

    By Blogger rowdy, at July 27, 2005 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home